FARRIT encourages fair use of the following historical Idaho documents. Please feel at liberty to download for personal use any of our FARRIT documents below. We request that you credit the Boise Public Library for any public use of Boise Public Library publications.
Search the Boise Public Library's Idaho Index to find references to historical newspaper articles, pamphlets, and brochures on Idaho topics. The Idaho Index references clippings primarily from the Idaho Statesman but also other Idaho sources, dating back decades.
- The premier source for Idaho History remains the Idaho State Archives Research Center
- Also, the Idaho Association of Museums has a map with links to most cultural heritage institution websites in Idaho.
DIGITIZED BOISE PUBLIC LIBRARY PUBLICATIONS:
- The Boise Public Library Ethnic History Collection is a collection of digitized articles from the Idaho Statesman on early ethnic groups in Idaho.
- Complete text of The Early History of Idaho - teacher resource material produced by the Idaho Superintendent of Public Instruction in 1909.
- Arthur D. Foote's 1887 Report on the Irrigating and Reclaiming of Certain Desert Lands in Idaho
- W.E. Pierce & Co. Real Estate Dealers Boise City, Idaho Illustrated published in 1893.
- Commercial Onion Culture in Idaho - a 1917 publication of the University of Idaho's Agricultural Experiment Station
- Excerpts from Idaho: Dawn of Plenty the seventh biennial report of the Commissioner of Immigration, Labor and Statistics (1911-1912)
- Report to The Governor of Idaho on the Insurrection in Shoshone County, Idaho, Commencing April 29th, 1899
- League of Southern Idaho Commercial Clubs, part 1 (1907) A typically entertaining early promotional document published to recruit settlement in Idaho. Liberally illustrated. Part II Part III Part IV
- Historic House of Boise's Warm Springs Avenue
- Idaho Digital Resources Several digital collections hosted by the Idaho Commission for Libraries. Includes Bannock County Images.
- Columbia River Basin Ethnic History Archives a collaborative digital project that includes the Idaho State Historical Society Library and Archives.
- The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation maintains a searchable Reclamation Photograph Data Base for the Pacific Northwest Region. The data base contains an enormous number of historical photographs of the construction of Arrowrock Dam, local canal systems, and agricultural scenes of the Boise area.
- Images of Early Boise courtesy of the Boise State University Hemingway Western Studies Center
- Online Exhibits from the Special Collections and Archives at Boise State University.
- Shelley Idaho Photography Collection part of the Mountain West Digital Library collection.
TEXT, DIRECTORIES, AND DATABASES:
- The Reference Series from the Idaho State Archives Research Center consists of articles on a wide variety of Idaho topics, including mines and mining, treaties, counties, Native-Americans, irrigation, railroads, stage lines, people and much more.
- Mining in Idaho Collection from the Idaho State Archives Research Center
- Boise Department of Arts & History
- University of Idaho's Digital Memories Special Collections and Archives
- Boise Architecture Project is a student project of the Tiber/History Club at Tiberline High School, Boise Idaho. It contains pictures, architectural descriptions and building histories for over 120 Boise buildings.
- Selections from the George L. Crookham, Jr. papers from The College of Idaho. The Crookham Papers comprise the largest known private collection of documents from the administration of Governor Frank Steunenberg.
- Idaho Issues Online Edited by the Center for Idaho History and Politics at Boise State University and hosted and sponsored by the College of Social Sciences and Public Affairs.
- National Register of Historic Places - Idaho
- Yellow Pine Times History Project
- Classic Movie Theaters in Idaho from Cinema Treasures.
- Center for Idaho History & Politics at Boise State University.
- Idaho History Day
- Idaho genealogical and historical resources from Rootsweb
- Historical Idaho Patents Database Created by the University of Idaho Patent & Trademark librarians, the database is a subset of the USPTO database. Database coverage is 1866-1908.