- State of Idaho official web page
- Idaho Attorney General
- Idaho Secretary of State
- Resources for Idaho Citizens – Guide to government information by Lili.org (Libraries Linking Idaho), Idaho Commission for Libraries
- Idaho Votes – This site provides election information for Idaho, and links to County level voting information.
- Idaho Secretary of State, Elections Division
- County election offices
Current Legislative Session
- Idaho Legislature
- Idaho in Session, Idaho Public Television
- Idaho Reports, Idaho Public Television
- Idaho Public Television YouTube channel (Video will play when opened)
- Idaho Legislature Digital Media Archive
- [stacks] Idaho’s Digital Repository – Digital repository for Idaho documents. Includes publications from the:
- Search Archives West to identify archival collections.
- Idaho State Archives, Idaho State Historical Society
- Idaho State Agency Databases – This LibGuide to Idaho agency databases was compiled by the Government Documents Round Table (GODORT)
- See our page on legal resources.
Major Government Milestones
- 1804 – Oregon Country claimed by the United States
- 1843 – Oregon Territory Provisional Government
- 1853 – Washington Territory
- 1859 – Oregon becomes a State leaving Idaho in Washington Territory
- 1863 – Idaho Territory created
- 1864 – Idaho Territory split into three parts; the Territory of Idaho, the Territory of Montana, and the Territory of Dakota.
- 1865 – Idaho territorial capital moved from Lewiston to Boise
- 1890 – Idaho becomes the 43rd state
- 1896 – Idaho women win the right to vote
- 1950 – Idaho Indian Right to Vote Amendment
This page updated by Ronnie Joiner on December 9, 2019.