- Idaho Department of Agriculture: Animals
- Idaho Rangeland Resource Commission is a state agency administered under Idaho Code § 58-14.
- Idaho Rangeland Management and Grazing, Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
- Rangeland Analysis Platform, University of Montana
- University of Idaho Rangeland Center Collection
- Rangeland Management Reports
- Bruneau-Kuna land use decisions summary and rangeland program summary. Boise, Idaho: U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Boise District, 1983.
- Owyhee rangeland program summary, 1981-1986: progress report. Boise, Idaho: U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Boise District, 1986.
- Shands, William E. A Citizen’s guide to the Forest and Rangeland Renewable Resources Planning Act. [Washington, D.C.?]: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, 1981.
- Sharp, Lee A., and Kenneth D. Sanders. Rangeland resources of Idaho: a basis for development and improvement. Boise, Idaho: Idaho Rangeland Committee, 1978.
- Van Zandt, Byron N., compiler. Department of the Interior digest of grazing decisions, 1959-1978. Washington, D.C.: Bureau of Land Management, Division of Rangeland Resources; Arlington, Va.: Office of Hearings and Appeals, 1983.
- Van Zandt, Byron N., compiler. Digest of grazing decisions under Federal Land Policy & Management Act, 1979-present. Arlington, Va.: Office of Hearings and Appeals; Washington, D.C.: Bureau of Land Management, Division of Rangeland Resources, 1987?.
History and Politics
- Sheep and Cattle Wars
- Burkhardt, Jerald Wayne. Herbivory in the Intermountain West : an overview of evolutionary history, historic cultural impacts and lessons from the past. Moscow, Idaho: University of Idaho, Idaho Forest, Wildlife and Range Experiment Station, College of Forestry, Wildlife and Range Sciences, 1996.
- Dimick, Edwin G. Livestock Pillage of our Western Public Lands. Caldwell, Idaho: Edwin G. Dimick, 1990.
- Eller, P. Gary; and Idaho musicians and poets; American Audio. Stock Handler Songs, Poems, and Stories of Early Idaho. Caldwell, Idaho: Idaho Music Project. 2021.
- Foss, Phillip O. Politics and grass; the administration of grazing on the public domain. Seattle, Washington: University of Washington Press, 1960.
- Hart, Arthur A. Idaho’s rangelands: a history. Boise, Idaho: Idaho Rangeland Resource Commission, 2009.
- Shirk, David Lawson, edited by Martin F. Schmitt. The cattle drives of David Shirk from Texas to the Idaho mines, 1871 and 1873; reminiscences of David L. Shirk, wherein are described his two successful cattle drives from Texas, in company with George T. Miller. His later experiences as a cattleman in eastern Oregon during the terrible depredations of hostile Indians and the range warfare with Pete French, from the original manuscript and related papers, now in the University of Oregon Library. Portland, Oregon: Champoeg Press, 1956.
- Yensen, Dana. A grazing history of southwestern Idaho with emphasis on the Birds of Prey Study Area. Boise, Idaho: USDI-BLM Snake River Birds of Prey Research Project, Boise District, 1982.
Added by Ronnie Joiner November 3, 2022.