Idaho Health Districts
These seven health agencies manage public health services in Idaho. Theses agencies collect local pandemic data.
- Panhandle Health District (Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, and Shoshone Counties)
- Public Health – Idaho North Central District (Clearwater, Latah, Lewis, Idaho, and Nez Perce Counties)
- Southwest District (Adams, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, and Washington Counties)
- Central District Health Department (Ada, Boise, Elmore, and Valley Counties)
- South Central District (Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, and Twin Falls Counties)
- Southeastern Idaho Public Health (Butte, Bingham, Power, Bannock, Caribou, Oneida, Franklin, and Bear Lake Counties)
- Eastern Idaho Public Health (Lemhi, Custer, Clark, Fremont, Jefferson, Madison, Teton, and Bonneville Counties)
Or, use the Local Health Department Directory provided by the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) to find health departments in Idaho and other states. Use their downloadable directory to find contacts for local COVID-19 information.
State, Federal, and Global Information
- State of Idaho
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Homeland Security Digital Library Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Special Collection
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- USA Facts – USA Facts is an initiative that gathers data from government sources and compiles and presents that data.
- The COVID Tracking Project – The COVID Tracking Project was launched by The Atlantic and compiles and presents data from U.S. states, the District of Colombia, and the territories.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Global Data Tracker – Global data from Johns Hopkins University presented using Tableau data presentation techniques.
Guidance and Resources
- Idaho Rebounds – Our Path to Prosperity
- Idaho Small Business Development Center (Idaho SBDC) COVID 19 Resources. Archived 17 Apr 2020 – 21 Jan 2022.
- Idaho Nonprofit Center COVID-19 Resources
- Small Business Administration guide to Coronavirus Relief Options
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho Housing and Finance Association
- U.S. Department of Labor resources
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Coronavirus Advice for Consumers from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) – One of many sites that provides information on scams that take advantage of the pandemic.
- U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- For more local resources please see the FARRIT list of community resources and resource directories.
- Idaho Public Television – Distance learning online or over-the-air on the CREATE Channel.
- Lili.org – Digital resources for Idaho residents.
- Idaho Education Association – Resources for educators, and resources for parents and students.
Information, and Library Resources
- Timeline of Events Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic – Timeline created by the Data Library of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- COVID-19 and Coronavirus in the Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
This page updated by Ronnie Joiner on November 2, 2022.