- American Philatelic Research Library
- Idaho Historical Society
- The Railway Mail Service Library
- Library of Congress
- List of Early Post Offices in Idaho. (PDF) Idaho State Historical Society Reference Series #103. July 1963.
- National Archives guide to Post Office Records
- Postal History, U.S. Postal Service
- Smithsonian National Postal Museum
- Ramsey, Guy Reed. Postmarked Idaho: a list of Idaho post offices. Boise, Idaho: Idaho State Historical Society, 1975.
- Adams, Mildretta. Sagebrush post offices: a history of the Owyhee Country. Pocatello, Idaho: Idaho State University Press, 1986.
- Huntley, James L. Ferryboats in Idaho. Caldwell, Idaho: Caxton Printers, 1979.
- Bolton, Chris. Neither rain nor sleet … a history of the Post Office. Twin Falls, Idaho: Spudgrafix & Pig Inna Pok Press/Printed at Desktop by Design, 2003.
- Landis, Robert L. Post offices of Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Portland, Oregon: Patrick Press, 1969.
- Patera, Alan H., and John S. Gallagher. A checklist of Idaho post offices. Burtonsville, Maryland: The Depot, 1984.
- Post Route Map of the State of Idaho Showing Post Offices. 1:766,000. United States Post Office Department. (various years) David Rumsey Map Collection, Stanford University. https://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/s/71i5z0. Accessed December 3, 2020.
- Post route map of the states of Montana, Idaho and Wyoming showing post offices with the intermediate distances and mail routes in operation on the 1st of December, 1903. 1:888,000. U.S. Postal Service. https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/cj82km95s. Accessed December 3, 2020.
Post Office Art and Architecture
- Living New Deal
- Off The Wall: New Deal Post Office Murals, Smithsonian Postal Museum
Idaho WPA Murals
- Blackfoot Post Office: The Arrival Celebration by Andrew Standing Soldier, 1939.
- Buhl Post Office: Snake River Ferry by Richard Guy Walton, 1941.
- Burley Post Office: Pioneer on the Oregon Trail along the Snake River by Elizabeth Lochrie, 1938.
- Kellogg Post Office: Discovery by Fletcher Martin, 1941.
- Preston Post Office: The Battle of Bear River by Edmund J. Fitzgerald, 1941.
- St. Anthony Post Office: The Fur Traders by Elizabeth Lochrie, 1939.
This page posted by rjoiner on December 3, 2020.